Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Treatment # 3

Nic had his 3rd treatment today. He is feeling pretty crappy right now. Once again, I was able to watch the color drain from his face. He goes in healthy & feeling alright, comes out looking a little pale and grayish, feeling icky. Oh well, 6 months of hell for a healthy long life after, right- I'll take it!
I asked Dr. Stinnett about Nic's counts. They were low this week, as was expected, but nothing like last treatment. He said his counts were @ 8000 this week (for white blood cell), & last treatment they were at 2000, the other count-- red blood cell?? not sure what the other count is, but it was at 200 last treatment and 800 today. Sooooo that helped me to see just how low they were last time. I guess healthy/normal is around 15,000, which we won't be seeing in Nic until a few months after treatments have been completed. We were told he will feel worse after each treatment & so far I agree, each treatment it has taken him longer to feel better. He also got the shot again, the one that makes him feel like ---well, whats worse than crap??, I guess we'll stick with crap x 2??
He did gain another 2 lbs-- he is almost up to his pre-cancer weight. Keep the good food coming!!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

So glad to hear that his counts are better and he's gained a couple more pounds!!!