Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holy Smoke

H A P P Y

B I R T H D A Y

T O

M E !!!!!!!

My mom and sister took me out to Holy Smoke BBQ in Layton for a birthday lunch. I am going to say how much I enjoyed the food, service, and of course the company. We all tried something different. Quite a few of them were firsts for us. Hush puppies-- Scrumptious. Sweet potato fries, absolutely delicious. Catfish- I will be ordering this again the next time I am there, with the lemon sauce. The brisket was good, the chicken was good. Ribs, "Holy Smoke" they were good. I was a little surprised, I thought the pork would have been better- Don't get me wrong, it was good, but.. out of everything I tired, that would be my least favorite. they had a sauce bar ( I guess that is what you would call it) of sauces you could get & dip in or pour over your meat. They also had little take home containers for your sauces. The Mac'n'cheese had great flavor, the baked beans were sweet- too sweet for Cassidy, but I really liked them. Since we were all first timers there, we took a minute to look over the menu & decide what we were going to order, so the owner came out and gave us a little advice. Which worked out for us! When we were done eating he came out again & told us that the girls could have a free ice cream on him. Then Monica was nice enough to tell him it was a birthday Lunch for me and Alenika. So he then put on his silly glasses (the kind with big eyebrows, a big nose and mustache attached to the glasses) & he got a little blow horn type thing & stood on the table and announced that everyone was going to sing happy birthday- which they all did. It was a great experience in all & I will be going there again, hopefully soon. The staff was so nice, the owner is a good guy. I highly recommend this place to anyone VERY family friendly. Higher than Famous Dave's by far!!! Such a fun atmosphere. In the beginning we had take out menu's and were going to rate the food we had, so we would know the next time what we did and didn't like. By the end, we had tossed them. For trying foods we hadn't tried before, everything was either good, great, or exceptional. Nothing was bad.

2 comments:

clsmith19 said...

Happy Birthday Amber!

Monica said...

So funny! You had to be there. Amber said she was going to get me back. The owner was such a nice guy and we weren't disappointed with anything so if you haven't been there, please go try it!