Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Migraine

Well, Nic experienced his first ferocious migraine last night. I think now when I get one, he'll be a little more sympathetic to me. His doctor told him that for the duration of his treatment he needs to stick with Tylenol treatments, no aspirin or Ibuprofen. Those who suffer from migraines
-insert laughing and snorting here-
understand how effective Tylenol is on a migraine. By the time I got home he had taken his max dose for the time being-- meaning the Tylenol based narcotic he could have taken, he wasn't able to take. ( I think he forgot he had some). I gave him all my suggestions and tips that I use,
-insert laugh again-
because they are not normal, they are little oddball home remedies. Or witchcraft as Nic likes to joke. He tried a few that took some of the edge off. But by the end of the night gave up & took some Alka-seltzer, which has Ibuprofen & Aspirin, but was able to sleep well. He woke up this morning with a small headache lingering, but after that, a headache is tolerable.
He has his treatment at 1:30 today. I'll post later if I get a chance.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yeah, tylenol is seriously pointless when you have an attack. I wish I could do more to help and I hope he gets to feeling better fast.