Sunday, April 19, 2009

GERMS

HOUGHA HOUGHA HOUUUUUUGHAAA
Not sure what other word describes that. This is the sound Cassidy was making this morning before having had anything to eat. Nothing like throwing up from the pit of your empty stomach. Her little flu bug was either hiding for the last 2 days or she caught another one. Either way, we are pretty lucky that no other family members have caught this- Especially Nic. So far anyway. She is feeling better, but still has some of the issues that go along with the flu. We are hoping all is well by the weekend, she has her first ever dance competition. Fun Stuff. Nic & I were able to get a little work done in the yard, I mowed the lawn, with our awesome new mower ( Thanks Mark & Kristin) & Nic tilled & raked out the garden, so we can hopefully get in some planting this week, or weekend. I also got to get in some cooking today, something I really miss, now that I don't have as much empty time. I made roast beef with carrots & potato's, rolls & pasta salad. YUMMY! I also got a chance to make some fresh Strawberry Jam.. 1 batch last night and one today. One more to go- Tomorrow.
Feeling very accomplished for the overall weekend, since we figured Nic would be out of service. He's done very well, kind of ignored his fatigue, but by the end of the night, pays for it.

No comments: