Saturday, April 25, 2009

Puke

Once again---- Awakened to the sound of barfing. Cassidy was sleeping with me & about 1 hour after going to sleep I heard the dreaded sound-- the warning sound that would have given me about 5 seconds warning had we been awake-- but since we were asleep I dazed into waking life as she let the mother load fly- good thing her head was turned away from me. I thought I had woke her & told her to go into the bathroom. So I went to gather towels & rags to clean it up & when I came back she was still asleep and throwing up. At this point, it is matted into her hair, & all over her face, some in her ear- & there she was, sleeping. So I started cleaning & turned on a bath- HOWEVER, those of you who know me well, know I don't do well with throw up. I know I am a mom & that it comes with the territory, but it doesn't make it any easier. As I am cleaning--a song came to mind- Silly I know, perhaps it was because I still felt like I was moving at a paused pace in sleep mode, but the song came to me- Over the river and through the woods... Particularly the part where-- " It stings the nose & bites the toes" only in my sleep state, I was thinking, It stings the eyes & bites the nose. Call me crazy, I can't justify my thoughts when awakened from my slumber.. But with thoughts of that song, here comes the feeling over me. My eyes were watering, my mouth was watering- I was trying to keep the smell from my nose so I was breathing out of my mouth. But alas, it was too pungent. I get a couple of fake/sympathy heaves as I am trying to clean- as I usually do, I just don't do well with puke. But I couldn't stop it, then I lost it- in time of course to get it to the sink. So afterward, I opened a bottle of rubbing alcohol & wafted it around my room & bathroom, so I could get through it with out "tossing" more than I already did. So I got it cleaned up, I opened my back door & shook the sheets, rug, & pillow that were affected & then started the washer. Poor Cassidy still couldn't figure out what was going on-- Why was I making her take a bath in the middle of the night. We just did a quick rinse, because she was 1/2 asleep & we now had debris floating around the tub. I got her back into bed & went to rinse out the tub & sink. In the process I decided that I needed to buy some draino. My drains now drain VERY slowly, I used a little plunger for my sink, because I didn't think pulling up the debris piece by piece was going to help out my cause much. So I plunged them down, then poured a little alcohol down with it- The smell just causes a reaction I don't appreciate. Neither do the neighbors-- once again those of you who know my know why. My kids did inherit this silly trait, Trent got a full dose, Cassidy & Stockton have a 1/2 & 1/2 with me & Nic. Nic can throw up & no one hears a thing. Me, the neighbors hear, it starts from my toes, and the closer it gets or the longer I do it, the LOUDER I get. Nic has to make jokes every time- I totally understand why, just not usually in the mood for a joke when it's right after.
Anyhow, we slept good the rest of the night, of course I went to sleep with the tune of "over the river" in my head. She is fine this morning, she must have eaten something that didn't agree with her last night.
For those of you wondering, I am pretty sure my brothers & sister have the same traits-- I've heard my sisters-in-law talk my brothers vomiting in the same loud manner.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I can't believe that she is still sick! I just saw my girlfriend at Bella's soccer game and her son has been sick for 2 weeks and it sounds pretty similar to what Cassidy has. She is fed up with her doctors and is taking him to Primary's to get more answers as she is convinced that something more is wrong since he has been sick for so long.

ambee said...

OHHHH...I am so sorry cassidy got sick! And that you threw up cleaning up her throw up... it is true alteast with monte that he makes the loudest sound when he throws up it use to break my heart having to listed to him throw up when he would he sounded like... I dont even know loud and painfull hmmm it just was sad and loud I dont even know what to explain it as it was just sad! I hope she has gotten feeling better! Your family and nic will continue to be in my prayers!
Ambee