Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Monster under the bed.

I want to thank Stockton for nominating me for mother of the year.


~He had gone the weekend with out any naps & stayed up later than usual, so he was a little sleep deprived. You all know how that can be with a child (or an adult). Nic had made some Mac'n'cheese and Stockton had eaten all of his and he started in on Trents, and then didn't let Trent have any, so we told him to share or nothing-- Well I am sure you guessed that he decided nothing, and was then upset about it. He was crying the naggy cry (the one where you have to try really hard to make it sound real) so I told him to go upstairs and cry in his room until he decided to be happy. So he went upstairs- This was about 8:45- and usually when he has to "go cry in his room" he will fall asleep or get side tracked with his toys & play by himself for a while. I didn't hear any more crying, so I thought he had done one of the above. So 9:30 comes around & I get the other 2 kids upstairs for bed, and as I am going up the stairs, I hear Stockton crying a faint cry. I followed it to my room & couldn't see him, so I asked him where he was. He seemed relieved to hear my voice & started crying even harder about how he was stuck under my bed & daddy had to save him. So I looked under the bed and sure enough, there he was, with puffy eyes. I had Cassidy run downstairs and get Nic. I tried to pull him out, but he started screaming about how daddy needed to save him. Nic came upstairs, at first he lifted the bed, but then realized he couldn't lift and pull him out. So then Trent lifted the bed & Nic got him out. Cassidy and I were watching with sympathy- Poor Stocky. As Nic was reassuring him, he was still crying, taking in big gulps of air. "My HUH HUH daddy HUH HUH HUH save me HUH HUH", big crocodile tears and sobbing so hard he was shaking. Then he went downstairs with daddy while Cassidy, Trent and I went to bed.


... And mother of the year goes to....ME!!!
What mother couldn't love such a cute little boy pretending to be such a cute little dog.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Oh...poor little guy. Don't you love it when your kids are running on fumes and they will NOT take a nap?