Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blood counts

Isabels blood counts were not high enough to be admitted today. They will test again to see if she can be admitted on Friday.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Blood count

Isabel will be tested on Tuesday to see if her blood counts are high enough to be admitted on Wednesday for her 36 hour stay. 
 As for her last treatment, she has not experienced another seizure, hopefully she won't ever again.

Thursday, February 16, 2012


Isabel's MRI came back looking good, which leads Doctors to believe it was caused by the chemo. She will be administered her chemo as usual today, they will just watch a little closer.

Bad news

The bad news keep rolling in.  Isabels Doctor has stated that her treatment will now extend until August because of all the illness and inability to bounce back from each treatment.  They are also cutting her chemo doses back by 25%, in hopes to help her stay on track. 

Last night Isabel had a seizure, it lasted about 45 seconds. She is having an MRI done this morning. Jen is at the hospital now, Nate will be joining her later this morning.

Monday, February 13, 2012

5 day treatment approved

Isabel had her counts tested today and it's a go for her 5 day treatment. She will be admitted on Wednesday. I will be E-mailing shortly for meals.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

No treatment this weekend

Isabel was admitted to the hospital last Sunday for a fever. She went home on Tuesday. While there, she received a blood and platelet transfusion. Her counts were tested on Thursday and were too low to go in for chemo. She will be tested again on Monday.

Monday, February 6, 2012


Crystal & I are planning on doing some fundraisers.  Crystal will be selecting either Tony's, or Ligori's pizza and will be selling pizza's to anyone interested. This will be sometime in March.

In April, I will be doing a book party. I am looking into Scentsy, Pampered Chef, and Tupperware. If anyone in the family happens to work for any of these vendors, please let me know.  I have a person in mind to ask for each of these, but I would rather use family if I can. These will be done around the first week or so of April. I am open to suggestions if you have any.

Things to help:
Isabel doesn't eat when she is in treatment- this causes a saliva build up. Gum has been helping. Any gum for Isabel would be great.

When she is out of treatment & feeling well, anything she likes to eat is strongly encouraged. She has given her approval on Jamba Juice, Panda Express (mainly orange chicken), any sweets like ice cream, doughnuts. Any gift cards for these places would be nice.

Gas Cards- Any over night or longer stay, usually means Nate & Jen are making daily trips to the hospital.

I am looking into information on a blood drive/plasma donation. So far I have been told for each pint donated, money will be taken off the amount charged to Isabel when she  receives one. I am waiting on a call back for clarification.

5 day Treatment

As long as Isabel's counts are good, she will go in for her 5 day treatment at the end of this week. This will be treatment # 7. Last weeks IV push went fairly quick. She ended up throwing up hard enough that her feeding tube came out. Jen was able to get it back in later that night. Once we find out on the counts, I will be arranging meals.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012


Isabel will be going in for her IV push treatment tomorrow. This seems to have been one of her better weeks since being diagnosed.