Monday, March 30, 2009

PORT

Hello,

Nic is home and doing well, they used a different type of anesthesia, so not so sick. His chest is a little soar, but that is to be expected.

So this Port has a little tube under the skin that goes into the vein. You can feel the tube-- kinda feels like a tendon.

They gave of quite a bit of information at a "chemo orientation" this morning. For anyone who wants to know-- he will be taking AVBD Chemo treatments, every other Wednesday, starting this Wednesday.

For a fun little game- who can think of the most creative acronym for AVBD Winner gets--a plate of home made cookies? Maybe a candy bar?... Get posting, Nic & I would love a few laughs..

Thanks to Nate & Jen for watching Stockton & Thanks Amy & Clint for dinner!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Anything for your homemade treats! Greg and I will put our heads together! Glad everything went ok!

Our Family said...

Lets get it started...
Alaskan
Voyage
Beautiful
Destination
OR
Ambers
Vittles
Become
Delicious
OR
Alien
Vomit
Brings
Destruction
Thanks to the kids for helping me out.

Krystal said...

Glad to hear he didn't go so sick this time! AVBD... hmmm... have to think about that one!

Unknown said...

Alternatively
vicious
biomechanical
dose
OR
Alphabetically
verified
brain
director

Those both suck, I'll try harder later..

Monica said...

I am glad the two of you are trying to find some humor in all of this. I'll tell Eddie and we'll put our minds to work!

Anonymous said...

Amber- I had no idea you were going through all of this.. Hang in there. PLEASE let me know if there is ANYTHING that I can do. I am going to order Nic a mag subscription today. I will let you know which one so that you don't get duplicates. I will also need your address. Hang in there. Love ya, Ashlee
P.S. A Very Bad Diet (AVBD)