Thursday, March 19, 2009

The downfalls of life.

Hi everyone,
I am afraid I have some bad news. Last week Nic found a lump on his neck. We went to Dr. Julien the next day & he said it didn't look good and took an X-ray. He then found another lump to the right of Nic's heart, towards the middle of his lungs. Nic had a CT Angiogram today, and with having 2 lumps, it is in stage 2, 3 or 4. Being that it is close to the heart, it is more likely that it is stage 4. It is Lymphoma, but we don't know if it is Hodgkins or non-Hodgkins. One has a higher rate of survival than the other. He should be going in for a biopsy tomorrow, & we will find out the results to that on Wednesday when he sees his oncologist/internist. That is the only info we have right now. I have really good insurance, so that is a positive. Nic's hours were cut to 20 hours a week with Rainey, so that will work for now. There isn't anything we need help with right now & I am going to start using my blog as an updater, so's not to have to repeat myself, or be on the phone all day. I will post the news in a few days. You can leave questions and comments on that if needed or E-mail me. We haven't told the kids yet, we would like to wait until we find out the survival rate & type of cancer. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
We Love you all!
Amber & Nic

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh Amber, I am so sorry to hear this. I am sure you will hear this a lot, but PLEASE let us know if you need anything at all. You will be in my prayers!

Krystal said...

I'm sorry to hear it. I hope all goes well and it has been caught soon enough. You guys are definitely in my thoughts!