Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vacation cont....

Before wicked we shopped at Old navy- It was a 4 floor Old Navy- biggest one I've ever seen- 1 floor for women's, 1 floor children's, 1 floor for men's, 1 floor for teens-- Holy Crap-- I would have taken a picture-- but my camera was out of batteries.
There was also a street band playing & I wanted to record a bit of it for Nic, but no such luck there either. While I was outside of Old Navy waiting for the others to make their purchases,and to listen to the street band, I was leaning against the building, in my nice low cut shirt, when I was approached by a man, who I later decided was a business man, looking for someone to take care of his business. I quickly walked back in to Old Navy and waited there for my group. There is safety in numbers!
On the walk from Old Navy to Wicked we had to pass through a $e% district of sorts-- wasn't that interesting. Saw a few cross dressers, some homeless people, a man wearing all pink clothes 2 sizes too small, and a lot of advertising.. Something you don't see too much of in Utah- especially in Davis county.
After the show we took a Gypsy cab- a cab driver that isn't really licensed, and does it on the side. A very nice person from the middle east- said he came here to be a chef & graduated from a culinary arts, but decided to stay in America and make a living here. He had been here for about 30 years. Very nice person & he knew the city well. We went home and crashed.

No comments: