Monday, May 18, 2009

Cakes

Ryder & Lenny had a surprise party on Saturday, and I was lucky enough to make the cake! No, no sarcasm, I offered to. I haven't made any cakes for a while, and was looking forward to it.


I made little dance silhouettes out of frosting, a challenge for me. 9 dance positions for her 9th birthday.

I made little dancers out of fondant- I wanted to put faces and hair on them, but time was of the essence.

Ryders I was most proud of, a baseball diamond. No problems here. ahhh, nothing like a fine finished product.

So.... I got to the party, dropped the kids off to park elsewhere. Trent took in the baseball cake. Me, I grabbed the gift's & the dancer cake..oops, oohhh. %&!$# ... It was salvageable, I fumbled with it in my car & it bumped the front seat. Grrrr. the positive, I didn't spend time on the faces- would have made it even harder for me to see it damaged. Really it was a corner of the cake-- yes I know it is a round cake, but still, if you were to divide it into 4ths, 1/4th of it was damaged. I felt bad, but at least there was still cake. Had I dropped it on the road, I would have had an 8 year old moment, and cried about it. Instead I took a deep breath, & took my walk of shame to the house, shoulders sunk, you'd think I was about to be grounded for lying to my parents the way I felt. Then the kids didn't make much notice of it, & were calling who got to eat what dancer.-- Okay, not so bad then. & Plenty of cake. Didn't miss the scuffed part.

No comments: