Monday, May 18, 2009

My weekend

My weekend was crowded, but very fulfilling.

Friday I went to J & J and bought a few more vegies, since the frost killed a few tomato's and cucumbers, so I worked for a little in my garden, watered my newly planted flowers. Did Laundry & a very small amount of house work. Then got ready for the BBQ at Caleb & Kims for his birthday. Nic, well he was quite active as well, but then it caught up to him & he had to take a nap, for like 4 hours, while I was doing my thing. He was still able to go to the BBQ though.

Saturday I did a small amount of grocery shopping, laundry & another very small amount of house work. set up my chocolate fountain for my sister-in-law. Then worked on the cakes, and went to the party. After the party, I worked more on the laundry. Nic started out strong, he and Cassidy had a daddy daughter day and went to lunch and a little shopping, then to the park with both kids. He crashed after that-- in need of a nap. After the party I stayed home so Nic could go see a few friends and a band he hasn't seen in a while.

Sunday Nic & I got down to work. He went and bought himself some clothes ( Hurray- he won't wear what I buy & he rarely goes shopping for himself) I went to the grocery store, stocking up on a few things. Then when we both got home, it was yard time. I mowed the lawn- had to do it twice, because we waited too long between mowing's. But I was very impressed with how nice it looked. Nic went out and bought a new trimmer & little pool for the kids. The yard looks great, but I am sure it's only for a few days, then it will need mowing again. But such is summer.
Then we washed the cars and did a little more gardening.- Now all we need to do is weed the garden. I've got bean sprouts coming up- Yea. No sight of any potato's yet though. Nic wants to plant a little bit of corn, so we might give that a try as well. This weeks project.
Then after the outside work, we did the inside work. Cleaned the kitchen, front room & family room. ahhhhh clean. Thanks to my neighbor Casey who helped clean the cars & house. Many hands make light work. After such a weekend, my feet are KILLING me.
I have a few blisters


a great tan line


and a killer flip flop tan line.


Nic got up and went to work, I am thinking that about noonish, he will need to have a moment in his truck to catch up-- maybe a few moments.
This week, we start baseball, Cassidy on Tuesday & Thursdays & Trent on Wednesday & Fridays. Nothing planned for memorial though...
I want to say Thank you to Crystal & DeLaine for helping me out last week with dinners & child care. You guys are the best!

1 comment:

Karlie Hancock said...

I am jealous for your tan!!!! I want one so bad! I am hoping to catch A LOT of sun this weekend though! :) My new blog address is
HTTP://KARLIEURAYNABRUCE.BLOGSPOT.COM in case you didn't see it before! <3 kar