Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Treatment # 10- or not

So, some of you have heard that Nic is pretty sick.
He is not breathing well, has no energy, he is weak and achy. For him to go up or down the stairs takes more energy than he has. The blood work looks good- no infections. Chest X-ray doesn't show any negative spots. Still has a fever here and there. His oxygen level was 90, so not too good, but not bad enough to need an oxygen tank, or hospitalization. He isn't eating much, he has lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks. We were told to stop the antibiotics, they weren't treating anything. We are going to start him on prednisone- a pretty high dose to see if that will help out the breathing. If he is not showing any signs of getting better by Friday he will go in for a CAT scan to see if he has a blood clot. The other possible options are West Nile & Mono. Both of which just take time to get over.
For all those asking, what can I do to help, well my house is really messy & my walls need washing...
JUST KIDDING!
I am taking some time off work to tend to Nic, and I will be working on cleaning up when he doesn't need me.
He was too sick to have a treatment today.
He will go in for a treatment next week.

4 comments:

Me said...

I think about you guys all the time, and keep my fingers crossed for you and send good thoughts your way. Hang in there.

BellaRosePhotography said...

praying for you guys.

Krystal said...

Totally cruddy. Hope things start looking up for you guys!

Whitney said...

Bless your guys' hearts! My thoughts and prays are with you!