Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cancer Sucks!!!!!

Another Treatment down. Only 2 more and we will have scans done again to check on the progress of these blasted chemicals. Then 4 more treatments & we should be done. I took a picture of Nic Before treatment started, & I took one of him on the way home. My point was to show you all that gray/green hollow look he has once he has finished treatment. It crushes me every time I pick him up from treatment. Such a drastic depressing change. I decided not to post them, because they were taken with my cell phone, so the pictures aren't all that great, and Nic asked me not to. He doesn't like they way it makes him look. I agree, I HATE the way he looks after.
Today's treatment was the worst thus far. When the nurse tried to get blood from his port, she didn't get any. She tried positioning him differently & a few other things. none. She thought maybe some blood had clotted, and gave him a *heparin soak.* she she gave him a shot of that in the port & let it sit for about 10 mins. & still nothing. So, she decided that the port must have been up against the wall of the vein, & took blood from his arm. So that prolonged the length of the treatment. He also had to take a nausea pill at the office. He has never had to do that before. Once the treatment was done, he got another heparin shot. So he now has to be extra careful & try not to bleed. He has been laying down all day. Cassidy & Trent both told me they don't feel good & have been down on the couch. So, we are over using the sanitizer in hopes that Nic doesn't get sick.

3 comments:

Jess said...

You guys are always in my prayers!

Krystal said...

I don't even know what to say besides I'm so sorry that you guys are having to go through all of this. I hope everyone feels better!

Our Family said...

My kids seem to be fine so far.. Must not have been the flu. But Nic is still feeling terrible.