Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkin patch


The kids got free tickets to go to J&J's pumpkin patch & hay ride. Trent was at Montecristo, so I took Cassidy & Stockton. We waited in line for about 5 mins, then we got on a trailer bed filled with hay stacks & pulled by a tractor. It pulled us out to their pumpkin patch. They had 2 tractors going. They would drop you off to hunt for your pumpkin, then pick up the last group dropped off. Well it was just me & the kids & they both wanted gargantuan pumpkins. So I told Cassidy she had to pick one she could Carry. We had found our perfect pumpkins & lugged them back to stand in line for the tractor that was about to start loading up. While we were waiting, I tried looking for a small green pumpkin for me. In that time, both Cassidy's & Stockton's pumpkins had been taken.-- Really, what the crap.-- So I was mean mom & followed the girl I had seen take Cassidy's pumpkin & got it back from her, then had to hurry & pick one up from the nearest vine for Stockton, & we loaded up onto the hay ride for the ride back. I told Stockton to hold onto his pumpkin because it might roll off. The little boy in front of us-- hearing me & being a very nice & polite boy -maybe 9 or 10- put his hand on the pumpkin to hold it in place.

Stockton, knowing that his first pumpkin was taken, immediately grabs it & says, "No, it's Mine!" Then I had to explain to him why the little boy had touched it, then we both told the boy thanks for holding onto it.

No comments: