Thursday, January 8, 2009

Az Trip


We made it to Az about 5 PM Tuesday night. Aaron's family gave us a warm welcome (74 degree's) and had a delicious Spaghetti dinner waiting for us. The cousins were glad to see each other. The next day, my mom flew in with my oldest brother and his family. We picked them up at the airport.
The airport was interseting. While waiting for their plane to arrive, we saw 3 officers & a police dog-- Someone is going to get into trouble-- The next thing I know, about 15 feet away- & as quiet as they could be, they surrounded a man put a gun to his head & told him to to go quietly. It wasn't loud, infact my sister in law had to signal me to look that direction & see what was going on. The man had a weapon on him. They frisked him & found a gun. I didn't see anything to do with drugs, so I am not sure if a dog was there for back up or if he could sniff a weapon. Anyhow, that was a little too exciting, thinking about it, if the man hadn't co-operated & was able to get a shot off or went bonkers, we were in very close range. Me, my 3 kids, My sister in law, brother & their 4 kids. CRAZY

After meeting up with the rest of the family, we went to load the luggage, while my oldest brother went to pick up his rental car. He needed an 8 passenger vehicle. After about 30 mins, we called him to see what was up-- he said the lines were long & the rental people didn't know what they were doing. After another 30 mins, we called again. He said they had his reservation, but not for an 8 seater. So he finally went to another rental agency & got an SUV that seated 8. While waiting, me, my 3 kids, my parents, my sister in law & her 6 kids--



This is what the kids did while waiting.
we were getting a little anxious, so we started a movie in my dad's SUV- the one we drove down in- for the little kids. Trent jinxed us by saying be careful, you might run out the battery. My Dad & I laughed-- yea right, it's not been on for long-- we didn't even make it through 1 sponge bob. My brother pulled up in his rental & we get ready to leave & guess what-- yup-- no juice. I had Trent run out & stop my brother before he left ( my brother Aaron had already left to get his kids some lunch). So then he had to back his car up next to ours in the pick/up drop off lane at the airport. Where are the jumper cables-- Oh yea, in the back of my dad's SUV under the 6 suit cases we just crammed in. A few minutes later we had the SUV started & left for lunch.
After that we had naps for the little ones & hung out for the remainder of the day. Played outside-- in the wonderful weather. For a snack-- nothing like a chocolate fountain. Check it out..


No comments: