Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trents Toe





















Poor Trent found out the hard way, that cutting a toe nail too short can only mean bad things. It took 7 shots to numb his toe. I was in the room with him, & watching his face, smelling the smells, it all came back to me... The time Nic had to get his bone marrow tested. Room started to get blurry, I started swaying, my stomach started turning. I was obviously not meant for a medical career. Closed my eyes-- okay, deep breaths, in. out, in, out. okay, opening my eyes. doing okay, that smell, room starts to look diagonal... Mind if I step outside for a drink. Splash a little water on my face, more deep breaths. ahhh, went back in only to see a bloody toe. Okay, I'm going to sit here, & play on my phone. That seemed to work. Maybe next time I'll send Nic. I'd hate to pass out, when I'm not the one going through the procedure.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

That does not look fun! I'd probably be the same way as you if I were in the same room. I would love to be a nurse, but don't think I could handle it.