Sunday, November 15, 2009

Things my dad taught me

Things I have learned from my dad
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!

When trying out a new dessert recipe, add coconut.
This holds true for:
Rice krispie treats
Oatmeal marble squares
Oatmeal cookies
Chocolate chip cookies
Coffee cake
Chocolate frosting on chocolate cake
White frosting on chocolate cake
and many more...
As my friend Kim would say-- If I say I have a secret ingredient or that I tried something new with this recipe, it's usually coconut. She caught on pretty quick.


Throwing a sloppy joe across the table doesn't make it taste any better.

Add lemon pepper to any meat for additional flavor.

When going to church, fill your scripture bag with candy instead of books, no one will ever tell on you, because they are happy to eat the candy.

When you try a new recipe, you have to make it at least 5 different times, a different way each time to perfect it.


"Pull my finger" is a given phrase to anyone new to our family.

Everyone has 2 or 3 nicknames.

Just ask any family member, I bet they can name 5 for any given member with out much thinking. I am not going to list any ones, or my own, we'll see if anyone names them in the comments.


Clint Eastwood is a great actor, except in "Paint your Wagons"
Next runner up is Chevy Chase

Always make extra food, having too much is better than not having enough.
A rule I swear by.

No comments: