Friday, November 13, 2009

BEST DAY EVER!!!

Who knew that I would experience the BEST day & worst day of my life, all this year, & both on Friday the 13th.
Friday the 13th of March, Nic was diagnosed with cancer.
Friday the 13th of November Nic was declared cancer free.
Such emotions, such gratitude, such love. This year has certainly been a learning experience for all, not to mention an emotional roller coaster. I think I will finally be able to sleep at night with out the aid of sleeping pills. Seeing Nic's dirty clothes on the floor will, will only make me smile, knowing that he is still here with me. I have developed a deep appreciation for everyone who has helped me out, let me vent, and just put up with my crappy attitude. I know my poor friend Kim has been put through the ringer by me, and yet, she is still my friend. For that, I thank God.
I really do appreciate all of you, I know many of you made sacrifices so that you could help out me & my family. I don't know that you will truly understand just how much we appreciate it all.
C A N C E R F R E E
words can not describe the elation I am feeling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!! I am so happy! It is crazy that both diagnosis and being officially cancer free happened on Friday the 13th! This post made me realize that I too should appreciate dirty laundry... or nasty facial hair on the sink! You never realize how truly important someone in your life is until you lose them, or in this case, the possibilty of losing them. We all have learned from you and Nic this past year. I am so glad things turned out for the best. Amber, you are an amazing, strong, beautiful person. Can't wait to CELEBRATE!!

Krystal said...

That is AWESOME! I can't even imagine what you guys have been through and I'm so happy that you have beat it! I'm sure that takes a lot of strength! Yahooooo!

Whitney said...

Yay! I am so happy for all of you! What a long winding road you have been on! That is awesome he is now cancer free! Congratulations!

Stef and ryan said...

jeez amber way to make me tear up.
thanks for reminding me of how lucky I am.
now I'll just look at your fake eyelash pic to make me smile. LOL