Sunday, February 22, 2009

New recipe

So, I tried a new recipe the other night & it was fantabulous. With the exception that my kids and husband don't like an overabundance of vegies..
Potato Vegetable Quiche‏
Here is the recipe:
Crust:3 cups shredded cooked potatoes
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Instructions: Combine potatoes, egg and parmesan cheese, stir well. Press into a 9 pie tin and back at 400° for 10 minutes.
Filling:
1 cup sliced zucchini
1/2 cup baby spinich
3/4 cup diced red and green peppers
1 Tbs butter1/2 cup diced ham or crumbled cooked sausage
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup shredded cheese
While crust is baking, saute zucchini, spinich and peppers in butteruntil crisp-tender. Remove from heat and stir in ham, eggs, milk, basil salt and pepper. Pour into crust and sprinkle with cheese. Bake another 15-20 minutes at 400° or until knife inserted in centercomes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
I made my 1/2 with tomato's cucumbers onions peppers- I didn't saute the tomato's. I seasoned the hash browns like I would have for eating them regularly. On the kid's & husbands' 1/2 I just did the egg mixture (I used ham) and cheese. Was delightful. Next time I make this, I will probably add more salt & use medium cheddar cheese.

No comments: