Friday, April 26, 2013

Nash Nicholas Hadley

Nash Nicholas Hadley arrived on Thursday, April 18th, 2013 @ 8:56 PM. He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz,  21 inches long.
It all started at my appointment. I had a 1:40 ultra sound then a follow up with my Doctor. Ultra sound looked good. I had my blood pressure taken, it was higher than the last few weeks, but not high enough 131/76. During my exam, we discussed the date of Thursday, April 25 as an induction date. I mentioned during my appointment that I was getting a headache. So before we left we did a re-check on my blood pressure. It was 147/89. We waited a few minutes then took it again on the other arm- 154/91. That was the deal breaker. We went right over to Davis (down the hall) and started with an induction.  I was all hooked up and started around 4:00 pm. Had my water broke at 5:30, elected for an epidural about 7:00. The epidural only worked on the right side of my body, which wasn't too bad at first. Then the contractions got stronger and stronger-as they do. They called the anesthesiologist back up to my room and she administered more medication. I was still feeling very painful contractions on my left side. They asked if I wanted more medication. I couldn't imagine at this level of pain I had much more labor left, so I asked them to check me, yup- it was go time. I had to wait for another 4-6 contractions before my Doctor got there. Then finally I was able to push. It is much easier to push through a contraction than it is to breath through them. After about 5 minutes of pushing, baby Nash was here. Such a miraculous sight and sound.
Proud daddy

Every time I had an ultrasound, they would comment on his hair andchubby cheeks-
They were right.

He has long fingers and toes


 The morning of
 

 My maternity clothes were getting too small
 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations Amber! He is a very cute little boy!

Karlie Hancock said...

I love that you're blogging again! Your family is my fave. I miss you gus. I can't believe how big the kids are!!! Such a handsome little boy! AWww! I'm so happy for you!!