Sunday, October 31, 2010

Picking out Pumpkins

For the last few years, my parent's neighbor has let us come & pick out pumpkins from their patch. This has become a fun tradition for us. Thanks Briggs Family.




I picked this pumpkin


Good looking pumpkins!


I was marching through the pumpkin patch and & right as I was about to take my next step, I saw this large beauty of a spider. I was carrying a pumpkin & tipped myself backward to avoid the spider, almost falling. & yes, I think I may have screamed- ahhhhh. I looked around to see which of my siblings were watching me & possibly laughing that I about toppled backward. I then proceeded to yell to my family about this "huge spider, biggest I've ever seen." It wasn't until about 3 minutes into my rant that someone decided to listen & came over to look. "Wow, that is a big spider" Then my younger brother came & said, awe. that's nothing, I've seen tarantula's- well ya, me too, but only in pet stores. This was in the wild & was beautiful. Such pretty striping. It's hard to tell just how big it was, but it's body length was about the size of my thumb, so with it's legs, it probably would have spanned bigger than my palm. Then I had the creepy crawly's all day. I was at the grocery store about 4 hours later, my hair in a hat- some of my hair had gotten loose & tickled my face. So I did what anyone would do right, I smacked myself in the face a few times in the middle of SMITH'S.
Then got a grip, when I figured out it was my hair, not a spider.

No comments: