Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cooking show

I want to remind anyone interested, that the next cooking class at the DATC is Monday, May 17th @ 6:00. It will be about pasta & noodles. Learning techniques from Italy, Asia, and Germany. Cost is $35.00- Very excited about that.
I want to thank Tiffany, for going to the cooking show with me. I was able to get a few cooking tips & a lot of new recipes. I was looking through one of the recipe books when I noticed Tif's hand in the air point at both us of-- We'll do it.

Huh What???

YUP, she volunteered us for a competition. We went against another pair of ladies, we both had to decorate a trifle made by http://www.chefshamy.com/



It looked somewhat like this, except the top just had cool whip & we had limited fruit to decorate it. Each team had 1 banana, 2 kiwis, 7 strawberries, 10 pieces of mandarin orange & about 5-6 maraschino cherries. I must say, we totally handed it to the other couple. I only WISH I had taken a picture. We got fancy red aprons that say Chef Shamy, a bottle of his sauce- I got teriyaki & Tif got sweet and sour. His products are preservative free -yea for no hives- and peanut free -yea for Cassidy-. I went and bought his pot sticker sauce which is also fabulous. I would love to get his vanilla honey butter & his garlic butter too, still trying to find someone who sells the vanilla honey butter. Thanks again to Tif for going with me, I wouldn't have had that much fun on my own.

2 comments:

tif said...

and i couldnt have had that much fun without you!!

Whitney said...

That looks yummy!